Daniel C. Stein
Mr. Stein focuses his practice representing clients in a broad range of litigation matters, from complex environmental litigation to breach of contract, fraud, construction defect, probate, and general commercial litigation cases. Mr. Stein has experience in both prosecuting and defending litigation cases.
Mr. Stein has an educational background focusing in environmental law and policy and he has handled various environmental matters involving California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance, environmental permitting, water law, and the Solid Waste Disposal Act/Resource Conservation Recovery Act (SCWA/RCRA). In addition, Mr. Stein has significant experience in mediation, arbitration, law and motion, and civil trial practice.
Prior to beginning his law practice, Mr. Stein was involved in E-discovery litigation consulting, where he worked for a technology company that designed and customized software to automate review of millions of pages of potentially relevant electronic discovery materials and meet the specific litigation requirements of clients.
- Vermont Law School (J.D., 2004) – Moot Court Advisory Board Member 2003-2004 – Selected member of VLS’s Pace Environmental Moot Court Team 2003-2004
- Vermont Law School (M.S.E.L., 2001)
- Catawba College (B.A. Political Science, 1999)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
Organizations & Memberships
- Fresno County Bar Association
- California Bar Association – Environmental Law Section
- Association of Environmental Professionals (AEP)